India e-Waste (Management) Rules 2016 (“E-waste Rules”) were made official by the Ministry
of Environment and Forests (MoEF) on 23rd March, 2016 by publication in Gazette of India vide
number G.S.R 338(E). E-waste Rules come into effect on 1st October 2016 for WEEE (Waste
Electrical and Electronic Equipment) provisions.
Toshiba India Private Limited (TIPL) is committed to meeting all requirement of
India e-waste (Management) Rules 2016. Toshiba product apply RoHS requirement to
all its products worldwide and it complies with “E-waste (Management) Rules 2016”
and prohibits use of Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent Chromium, polybrominated
biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers beyond a maximum concentration value
of 0.1% by weight in homogenous materials for lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium,
polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers and of 0.01% by weight
in homogenous materials for cadmium, except for the exemptions set in Schedule II
of the “E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016”.
Products labelled with the WEEE symbol (crossed-out wheeled bin or crossed-out wheeled
bin with underbar) indicate that the final user should not discard this product
along with other household waste, but that it must be collected and treated separately.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact TIPL at 0120-3870700
information on the E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016, please visit:
http://www.moef.gov.in/sites/default/files/EWM Rules 2016 english 23.03.2016.pdf
TIPL is committed to the “E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016” for collection, disposal
or recycling e-waste generated from end-of- life Toshiba products.
TIPL provides an easy and environment-friendly way to its customers to dispose-off
Toshiba branded television, refrigerator and washing machine that have reached their
end-of- life. This service is provided free of cost to the customers. TIPL has appointed
M/s TES-AMM India Private Limited as its authorised recylcer for recycling of Toshiba
branded products that have reached their end-of- life.
The ‘end-of- life’ period (average life) of Toshiba products covered by this document
is mentioned below:
|Television sets (including sets based on Liquid Crystal Display and Light Emitting Diode technology)
Collection Centre/ Collection Point/ Recycler:
You can deposit your end-of-life Toshiba products at any of Toshiba’s collection centres/ collection points/ authorised recycler in India. Click HERE to know the contact details of Toshiba’s collection centres/ collection points/ authorised recycler.
How to Recycle
- Please call TIPL Call Centre at 0120-3870700
- Inform them of your intent to recycle your end-of-life Toshiba product.
- TIPL Call Centre will arrange a pick-up of your end-of-life Toshiba product from your location.
- The end-of-life Toshiba product you intend to recycle can also be directly delivered at any of TIPL’s collection centres/ collection points/ authorised recycler (refer to above link).
- Do not open/ repair the end-of-life Toshiba product.
- Do not sell the end-of-life Toshiba product to any unauthorized agency/ scrap dealers.
- Do not mix/ dispose the end-of-life Toshiba product with other household waste.
- Do not dispose the end-of-life Toshiba product in municipal waste bins.
- Do not keep the end-of-life Toshiba product exposed in open.